About this Specialization
Graphic design is all around us, in a myriad of forms, both on screen and in print, yet it is always made up of images and words to create a communication goal. This four-course sequence exposes students to the fundamental skills required to make sophisticated graphic design: process, historical context, and communication through image-making and typography. The sequence is completed by a capstone project that applies the skills of each course and peer feedback in a finished branding project suitable for a professional portfolio. The goal of this specialization is to equip learners with a set of transferable formal and conceptual tools for “making and communicating” in the field of graphic design. This core skill set will equip learners for formal studies in graphic design, and a starting point for further work in interface design, motion graphics, and editorial design.
Try For Free
- Unlimited access to all courses in the Specialization
- Watch lectures, try assignments, participate in discussion forums, and more.
- Cancel anytime.
- $39 USD per month
- Go as fast as you can – the faster you go, the more you save.
- Certificate when you complete.
- Share on your resume, LinkedIn, and CV.